Carl Niehaus now threatens to take ANC to Labour Court ...
· Johannesburg - Fired ANC member and Umkhonto we Sizwe Military Veterans Association (MKMVA) spokesperson Carl Niehaus says he is taking the ANC to the Labour Court after the party allegedly ...Read more
Umkhonto wesizwe military veterans association - EWN
· Umkhonto weSizwe Military Veterans in KZN has announced a protest will be held next week to raise awareness about the killing of black farm workers. 1539 days ago.Read more
South African Military History Society - Journal- …
· The creation of Umkhonto We Sizwe (MK) in 1961 witnessed the emergence of new tradition in South Africa's military history. It represented the creation of a modern guerilla army, inseparably part of a broader liberation movement, that had as its mission the pursuit of a guerilla war against the armed forces of the State in support of the ...Read more
Kebby Maphatsoe's family suspects foul play after ...
· The family of the late Umkhonto we Sizwe Military Veterans Association leader Kebby Maphatsoe says it is not sure whether it was the rain or …Read more
Carl Niehaus takes the ANC to Labour Court over pay after ...
· Niehaus had long fallen out of favour with the ANC leadership after the party took a resolution to disband the Umkhonto we Sizwe Military …Read more
uMkhonto weSizwe (MK) in exile | South African History …
Motumi, T, Umkhonto we Sizwe - Structure, Training and Force Levels (1984 to 1994) in the African Defence Review Issue No 18, 1994, [online] Available at [Accessed 21 July 2011] Ellis, S & Sechaba, T, (1992), Comrades against apartheid: the ANC & the South African Communist Party in exile, (Indiana University Press), p.169Read more
South Africa: Who is behind the pro-Zuma ANC military ...
· Members of the Umkhonto We Sizwe Military Veterans Association (MKMVA), chant slogans in support of former South African president Jacob Zuma, as they attend a public inquiry into state graft, in Johannesburg, South Africa July 15, 2019.Read more
MKMVA members differ on wearing of military regalia - …
· The Eastern Cape uMkhonto we-Sizwe Military Veteran Association (MKMVA) members have called on the ANC to stop MKMVA members wearing of military regalia.. The association's provincial secretary, Petros Vantyu says the wearing of the uniform is in contravention with the resolutions of their 54th conference.Read more
THE AND ARMING OF UKKHOHTO WE SIZWE'S CADRES
· were openly told that they were being recruited for military training outside the country, the majority, it appears, were recruited into Umkhonto under false pretences. Some were told that they were being 5. Feit, Urban Revolt in South Africa, p. 178. See also Mto10, Umkonto we Sizwe, p. 73; Lodge, Black Politics in South Africa, pp. 70, ~1 - ~3.Read more
South Africa - Camopedia
· The Mkonto We Sizwe (MK) of the ANC generally utilized whatever uniforms and military equipment were available to them, and often operated in civilian clothing. Nevertheless, over the course of their long insurgency campaign against the South African government, large quantities of certain uniforms were obtained through private sources and ...Read more
Umkhonto weSizwe Military Veterans Association " …
· Umkhonto weSizwe Military Veterans Association ... We mainly used Experian, but also CIPRO (now CIPC) and internet searches. 3.2 We also obtained all relevant entity/company information (from Experian) in which these individuals had/have interests.Read more
The military code of Umkhonto we Sizwe
· The military code of Umkhonto we Sizwe Preamble the opportunity to serve in the people. We light for their interests. Recognising that our army. Dm- forefront of the liberation struggle. Umkhontohasnomercenaries.no khonto we Sizwe. must define its to meet the enemy and engage him paid soldiers or conscripted troops.Read more
uMkhonto weSizwe (MK) | South African History Online
Umkhonto we Sizwe and the Tradition of Resistance in South Africa by Dumisani Nduli "Umkhonto we Sizwe - Born of the People": Statement of the National Executive Comittee of the ANC on the 25th Anniversary of the Formation of Umkhonto we Sizwe by O. R. Tambo, 16 December 1986 ; Capture the Citadel.Read more
Umkhonto we Sizwe Military Code - Their Words
· Umkhonto we Sizwe Military Code Preamble Recognising that our army, Umkhonto we Sizwe, must define its aims and objects in clear and precise terms, and that the rights and duties of each member should be likewise defined without ambiguity, the Politico-Military Council, acting on behalf of the African NationalRead more
Kebby Maphatsoe's death the 'end of the MKMVA'
· With the death of ANC MP and former deputy minister of defence and military veterans Kebby Maphatsoe, the uMkhonto we Sizwe Military Veterans Association (MKMVA) will struggle to …Read more
Director-General Tsepe Motumi: Military Veterans' benefits ...
· In that regard we on 27 September to 2 October 2013, we reconstituted the umbrella Associations of all military veterans formations the South African National Military Veterans Association. Plans are being finalised to ensure the building of its capacity to assist the DMV in the delivery of the benefits, to improve communication with all the ...Read more
Umkhonto we Sizwe Military Code - The O'Malley Archives
Umkhonto we Sizwe Military Code [This document was released at the ANC National Consultative Conference at Kabwe in June 1985. It was part of a larger document titled "Report of Commission on National Structures, Constitutional Guidelines and Codes of Conduct"] Preamble.Read more
Umkhonto Wesizwe Shuts Down Durban - Opera News
· Umkhonto we Sizwe Military Veterans Association members have taken to the streets of ETHEKWINI in protest - The MKMVA is outraged at the ANC and the current state of the country, embarking on a shutdown in response - The ANC, according to the group, has failed to engage with the veterans on their grievances. MKMVA members have brought parts of Durban …Read more
Conspicuous Leadership Star | Military Wiki | Fandom
· Umkhonto we Sizwe. Umkhonto we Sizwe, abbreviated as MK, Zulu for "Spear of the Nation", was the para-military wing of the African National Congress (ANC).It was established on 16 December 1961 to wage an armed struggle against the Nationalist government inside South Africa by means of sabotage, bombings and landmines.Read more
The scourge of Umkhonto weSizwe Military Veterans' As...
· The MK Military Veterans' Association (MKMVA) was established principally to fend for the welfare needs of former Umkhonto weSizwe (MK) combatants, veterans of the struggle for liberation; and ...Read more
'MK veterans' in KZN demand answers from ANC - eNCA
· File: Members of the uMkhonto we Sizwe Military Veterans Association (MKMVA). AFP/Rajesh Jantilal DURBAN - A group claiming to be uMkhonto We Sizwe veterans has marched through the Durban CBD.Read more
Umkhonto we Sizwe (MK) operations report - The …
Umkhonto we Sizwe Military Code; ... At times there was a scarcity of food and clothing, a lack of medicines and health facilities. In this regard, the role of the Commissariat became crucial. In all the camps, there was a commissariat responsible for the political education, general welfare and cultural well-being of cadres. ...Read more
Creating opportunity: Military veterans are being trained ...
· The group, which included members of the Umkhonto we Sizwe Military Veterans' Association, former members of the Pan Africanist Congress' Azanian People's Liberation Army, and Azapo's Azanian ...Read more